Employee onboarding statistics
The process of onboarding a new employee is as important as the process of finding and recruiting them. What is more, the onboarding process is critical to keeping new hires motivated and productive. Accordingly, poor onboarding experience can reduce the efficiency of new arrivals and increase employee turnover in the enterprise.
Here is what the human resources statistics report concerning this process:
- 40% of HR managers claimed they need automated and AI-driven programs to retrain new hires during onboarding.
- 47% of HR managers reported that onboarding programs at their companies begin at the moment when the candidate accepts the job offer.
- Only 28% of HR managers said that the current onboarding programs for new employees in their companies are perfect and fully satisfy them.
- 12% of currently employed workers say their companies provide perfect onboarding programs for new hires.
- One in ten currently employed workers is completely satisfied with the onboarding programs at their companies.
- 38% of new employees have difficulty adapting when hiring in a remote environment.
- 69% of candidates will likely stay with the company for the next three years if they experience excellent onboarding.