Recruiter mistakes at the preparatory stage
- No one is applying for the job. Maybe it is poorly written. The customer may not open the competitors’ offers, create vacancies according to their ideas and not know what the market offers for the same position. Your task as an experienced recruiter is to study the market and convince the customer to reasonably adjust their requirements.
- The vacancy does not meet ethical standards. When communicating with the candidate, you should not show excessive confidence in yourself and the company. Avoid setting a condescending tone, as if you are doing a favor by inviting the candidate to work for the company.
- The vacancy contains job discrimination. When writing a vacancy, make sure it does not reflect any bias.
- The vacancy is composed of pathos and excessive categoricalness. Do not write long categorical requirements taken from job instructions. This may intimidate and repel the candidate. And remember that responsibilities should be commensurate with the salary.
- There is no feedback. Even if you are not ready to make an offer to the candidate, still write the reply keeping business etiquette. Your reputation depends on it. In addition, the candidate may improve their skills and return to you for another interview after some time. So, do not burn the bridges.